It was requested by Liz of Life and Polish that I answer my own questions, so here goes!
1. How long have you been blogging?
I've been blogging forever, actually! I started blogging around 2004 or 2005. I started nail polish blogging around May of 2009.
2. What inspired you to start blogging? How did you come up with the name of your blog?
Ahh, I originally started blogging about makeup and nail polish, but there were a couple of things that happened! I started getting more comments on my nail polish posts, and less on the makeup posts. I also stumbled across some folks who were blogging exclusively about polish - there weren't many at that point, but to name a few you'll know, Mary of Body and Soul, Kae of The Hungry Asian, Brooke of Getcha Nails Did, Kelly of Vampy Varnish, Scrangie. Well, reading these blogs created some serious lemmings, and so off things went. Lemmings bought, (horrible) swatches posted, and two-plus years later, many lessons learned. My first blog was named to coincide with my YouTube channel. Nightly Nails - I could NOT come up with a cute name. But I knew I was a night owl, and it was available, so there you go.
3. What is your favorite color? Is it your favorite polish color, as well?
My favorite color is green, followed by purple. Green is definitely my favorite polish color!
4. Is there a polish color you won't wear?
Nope, but there are finishes I hate - anything resembling a traditional frost, anything that's prone to brush strokes.
5. Do a lot of people offline notice your polish/nail art? What kinds of comments do you get?
Actually, yes. People stop me all over the place - Walmart, Sally's, drugstores, you name it. And I don't do a lot of nail art so it's pretty neat they're noticing my polish colors!
6. What are some of your favorite blogs? (Doesn't necessarily have to be polish related!)
Well, I read mostly polish blogs, but I like beauty blogs as well, so I'll tell you a few of those - Phyrra, Nouveau Cheap, Makeup and Beauty Blog, Temptalia.
7. What other hobbies and interests do you have outside of polish and blogging?
Well, I love to read, and I play with cooking a lot. I watch as many movies as I possibly can, although I don't watch a lot of TV. I love music. I'm pretty boring, actually! I also like board games and card games. Yeah, that's right in the boring category.
8. Tell us a bit more about yourself. Any tidbits you'd like to share!
I'm terrible at coming up with this stuff, so let's see: I've lived all over the place, but I call Maine home. I love to travel. I'll probably never be a skinny girl because I adore food. I'm hypoglycemic, which is often confused with diabetes - diabetes is hyperglycemic, so hypoglycemic means I have low blood sugar. It's much easier to control. I hate to be photographed. Hrm, that's all I can come up with off the top of my head!
9. What is the one beauty item you cannot live without - you won't go out of the house without using or wearing it?
Lip balm. Seriously, addicted to it - I have SO many. That and lotion.
10. What is the craziest/most interesting thing you've ever done?
Haha, that's a tough question! Probably the craziest thing I ever did was pack everything up and move to Nashville for a year. I just picked it out as someplace I thought I might like to live. I didn't know anyone there! I did love it, and I miss it sometimes.
Okay, so that's it! I always find it awkward answering questions about myself. I am terrible at coming up with facts when it comes to doing those tags, so I like questions better, but still.
If you're interested, today I'm also featured in an interview at Just Nice Things. Thanks Helen!